Baked Chicken Marinade
Baked chicken is one of my favorite things to meal prep with. It is so simple, hands off, and tastes delicious for days. Baking the chicken breasts is great because you just have to set the oven to 350º, flip them once, then pull them out of the oven and enjoy. Baking is also one of the healthiest cooking methods. Cooking at around 350º is a low enough temperature that it will not harm or alter the nutrients in the chicken and marinade, unlike the high temperatures of pan frying.
Out of all the different marinades I have played around with, this one has to be one of my favorites. It is so savory and very healthy. You can either add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk them together until well combined, or use a small blender to mix them all together. The blender will make the marinade creamier. Usually I will marinate my chicken breasts for about 4 hours in a plastic bag before cooking them, to ensure my chicken will be super flavorful.
Chicken Marinade Recipe
(For about 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3-4 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2/3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Either add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Or add all ingredients to magic bullet or small blender and blend together for 20 seconds.
- Pour marinade in ziplock bag with chicken.
- Pound chicken with hands a few times to help tenderize chicken.
- Store in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Pour contents of bag on baking sheet, then bake for between 25-30 minutes at 350º.
- Flip chicken once, half way through the baking process.