No-Bake Banana Bread Protein Bar Recipe:
Craving something sweet? Something delicious? But want it to be healthy?
Well I have a solution for you… Make these bars!
They are extremely easy to make, require no special baking tools, except a bowl, measuring cups, and a little bit of elbow grease. These bars are an excellent source of protein and energizing carbs. They have no added sugars, but taste like dessert. Trust me, you want to try these out.
Servings: 8 Large Bars
Calories per bar: 215
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana (ripe)
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Combine oat flour, protein powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl (dry ingredients).
- In a separate, microwave safe bowl, add almond butter and maple syrup. Warm in the microwave so the almond butter is just slightly runny and easier to combine with the maple syrup.
- Mash banana in separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour almond butter/ maple syrup mixture into dry ingredients. Add in the mashed banana and start mixing.
- Gradually, add in the coconut milk to bowl. **You want the end product to be a firm dough. Try not to add too much liquid to where your dough becomes sticky. If your dough does become too sticky, add a little bit more coconut flour. In total, I added a little more than a 1/2 cup of coconut milk, but amounts will vary based on what type of protein powder you used and how large your banana was.**
- Once you have a firm dough, place it onto a sheet of parchment paper, on top of a cutting board or something else that is solid to press the dough down into bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Take bars out of freezer and cut into 8 pieces.
**I store these in the fridge because I enjoy eating them cold.