Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bars
Hi everyone! Happy October!
As it starts to get colder and the holiday season approaches, we tend to splurge a bit more and sometimes make some unhealthy food choices. I know I do much better if I have pre-made goodies on hand. If you are craving a little something here and there, it is nice to have a go-to guilt free treat ready. These pumpkin bars are perfect for this time of year and can help keep your healthy eating on track.
Pumpkin Banana Bar Recipe:
- 2 Cups Oats (ground into flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1-4 Tbsp Pure Maple syrup
- chocolate chips or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grind up the 2 cups of oats in a blender, until flour consistency.
- Pour oat flour into a bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In a blender, put bananas, eggs, and maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended banana-egg-syrup mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add pumpkin puree into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir ingredients together until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips or blueberries if desired.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour batter onto baking sheet. Spread batter evenly on sheet to desired thickness.
- Put into the oven for about 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool. I personally think that these bars taste better once they have cooled completely.
**To make this recipe, I used a magic bullet to grind up the oats into a flour and to blend the bananas and eggs together (this method is much faster than mashing bananas with a fork). I also used a baking sheet with parchment paper, but this recipe also works in a muffin tin pan or formal bread pan.
** Since this recipe uses oat flour, it wont rise like normal bread flour will. The texture will be thicker and more fudge like.
** I cut these bars into 12 pieces so each serving is about 100 calories.
**I like to store these in the refrigerator after they have cooled because it gives them an even more fudgey texture.
Here's where you'll dazzle them with amazing words that practically take control of their subconscious mind and compel them to click on your awesome affiliate offers or other stuff you want to send traffic to!
Here's where you'll put a new set of fantastic & bold words that practically take control of their subconscious mind and compel them to click on your awesome affiliate offers or other stuff you want to send traffic to! You can make many of these!